The Feasts of the LORD–quick review
- The Feasts of the LORD are ALL partially fulfilled by the SAVIOR! Yes, even the Fall Feasts or Appointed Times –they are fulfilled to a great degree by Y’shua. Many teachers say that only the Spring Feasts are fulfilled and we are now in the Church Age and then when the Messiah returns He will be fulfilling the Fall Feasts…NO!
- THIS in not what a Spirit Filled BELIEVER should accept as true! We should be making the Hebrew peoples jealous with our fulfilled Feast of Tabernacles because the Messiah is dwelling in us! He was born when the Great Wonder was sited in the heavens on The Feast of Trumpets in 3 B.C.!!! We should show them the shadow picture of Yom Kippur which is clearly detailed in the story of Y’shua and Bar Abbas and Pontius Pilate…
- When we understand our wonderful God we see that He continues to bring us into closer and more intimate relationship, and it is done by more and more fulfilled provisions. (Selah)
- PLEASE REVIEW MY TEACHINGS ON THE SPECIFIC FEASTS FOR MORE INFORMATION.
They are the skeletal structure upon which all the truths of the entire Bible hang. Within the Feasts all steps of reconciliation of man to God, (YaH) are ratified by Y’shua, (Jesus).
God’s plan of reconciliation was spelled out in the various feasts and appointed times.
Jesus the Christ (Y’shua Ha Machiach) fulfilled every one with regard to reconciliation, while on Earth. This in and of itself should show us how important they are to our God.
The Feasts are the provision the Father made for His people to have their sins, iniquities and transgressions removed. (even generational iniquities and transgressions) Yes, Y’shua is the completion of all of these, however, when we understand them fully, we can really grasp the works and fruit of the Messiah’s life, suffering, death, resurrection and the forty days after His resurrection and the consequent outpouring of the Ruach Kodesh.
2. No matter how Biblically learned a man is, he MUST have an understanding of the Feasts of the LORD in order to further understand these:
–The Covenant offered by the Creator
–End-time events such as the next coming of Y’shua, the great tribulation and the Last Trump
–Prophesies of the Bible
–The Gospel of the Kingdom which Y’shua preached and told all disciples to preach
–The sanctification of YaH’s people, as it is done through the Sabbaths (Shabbats)
–The “It is finished” which Y’shua declared from His cruel cross. What things are completed? ( One quick answer is that the Levitical Priesthood is completed.)
The very character of God towards his beloved people: mankind. Some think the Feasts are Jewish. But God Himself calls them His feasts. Whoever observes them is willing to consecrate themselves to Him, forsaking the things of this world. This gives all mankind the ability to become His, which is exactly why Y’shua had to fulfill them.
3. The 10 Commandments are foundational to the rest of the 613 commandments from YaHoVaH as given to man. In other words, from the 10 Commandments all others spring forth (613 and some are only for the Priests some only for the men and some only for the women).
a.) For example, YaH is not only against adultery, He is also against all manner of sexual immorality and fornication and sexual sins. He is HOLY and spells things out specifically from the main 10- He expounds on them.
b.) Within the confines of the 4th commandment, the High Holy Feast Days of YaHoVaH as well as land Sabbaths, sabbatical and jubilee years are all found.
4.The Feast Days are embodied in the 10 commandments which can be discerned through the 613 directions.
5.The Shabbats are extremely important to God and so foundational to His relationship with His people that He said that they would be in essence, the wedding ring that He and Israel would wear on their hands as marital covenantal symbols. That is the understanding of Exodus 31:12,13 which says, 12And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 13Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my Shabbats ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. (Notice that He sanctifies us through the Shabbats!)
6.) Sabbaths is in plural form giving the indication that He is applying importance to ALL of the Feasts He specifies to Moses
7.) These Sabbaths are truly the basis and covenantal fulfillment of His commitment to us and ours to Him…forever. They are the important Oracles of YaH, meaning they were being observed while they were still only ORALLY given as instructions, became part of the WRITTEN instructions and are still being carried out today which is almost 6,000 years later
8. Why the need to study the Feast Days of YaHoVaH and observe them?
A. The Feasts are in the Bible as commands. (forever commands). Since the Bible is the holy Word of YaH as given to man, we must take these commands to heart. 2Timothy 3:16, 17 says, 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
9. Feast Days are called the “appointed times of YaHoVaH”. He promises to meet with His people during their celebration of Him as found in; Leviticus 23:1-4 says, 1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 3Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. 4These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
a. Many historical events occurred during these sanctified times from which all of mankind who seeks God can learn from. He promises to meet with those who observe the Feasts, so many historical events sprang from these meetings with Him and can help us see His hand for our own spiritual adventure with Him.
b. All of the Feasts point to Y’shua, which means SALVATION! He points us to the very steps on the salvation path that all believers find themselves on.
10.) The feasts are a prophetic picture of things to come as found scripturally in Hebrews 10:1 and Colossians 2:16, 17 (Please read my teachings on the various Shabbats/Feasts and see how I show how the shadow pictures have become part of our walk of faith.)
11.) The spring feasts told of the Savior’s arrival and the fall feasts tell us of His next coming and eternity beyond, yes, but they also give us the Word who came to pour out His life and give us His Spirit, (Yom Teruah) Glorious indwelling of the Ruach Kodesh, (Sukkot) and the fulfillment of the ATONEMENT (Yom Kippur).
12.) The Feasts are actually a pattern of Heavenly things on Earth. Hebrews 8:1-5, Hebrews 9:8-9 , Exodus 25:8-9 and 40, Exodus 26:30, Numbers 8:4, Ezekiel 43:1-6, Ezekiel 43:10-12
13.) The Feasts are the Physical means and methods by which we may understand the spiritual things of the LORD. I Corinthians 2:9-13. They are the spiritual things given to us by God beforehand.