Hindrances to Prayers Being answered
Introduction: Demonic powers only have the authority we give them! How much or little depends on the depth of our deception. The depth of our deception depends on how much sin we allow in our lives. Deception leads us to sin and sin opens the door to further deception. A horrible vicious cycle if left unchecked. But we have the BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. The answers are all in there but it is our job to discover them.
1) Ask amiss due to our lusts. Lusts, Covetousness, fighting and wars. James 4:1-3 1From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? 2Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. 3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. Wrong motives James 4:3
2) Unforgiveness Matthew 6:14-15; 14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Mark 11:25-26 25And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
a) We must not take this lightly. If we do not have forgiveness towards those who hurt us we risk having our prayers hindered, which means that our relationship with God is injured. Is the person worth that?
3) Adulteries, friendship with the world. James 4:4, 5 continues; 4Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. 5Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
4) Regarding iniquity in my heart—Psalms 66:18 18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
a) This is different than being deceived and not knowing or understanding our sin. This is the willful act of disobedience
5) Refusing to hear truth. Proverbs 28:9 9He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination..
6) Refusing to humble one’s self. 2 Chronicles 7:14 14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
7) Forsaking God 2 Chronicles 15:2 2And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; YaHoVaH (The LORD) is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.
8) Provoking God Deuteronomy 3:26 26But YaHoVaH (the LORD) was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the LORD said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter.
9) Hardheartedness Zechariah 7:12-13 12Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which YaHoVaH (the LORD) of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from YaHoVaH (the LORD) of hosts. 13Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith YaHoVaH (the LORD) of hosts: .
10) Lack of Charity Proverbs 21:13 13Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.
11) Hypocrisy Luke 18:9-14 9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
12) Dishonor of companion I Peter 3:7 7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
13) Unbelief Matthew 17:20 20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Matthew 21:22 22And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
14) SIN James 4:1-5 SEE: # 1 above
John 9:31 31Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. Isa 59:2 2But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
15) Showy prayers Matthew 6:5 5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
16) Vain repetitions Matthew 6:7 7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
17) Being discouraged Luke 18:1-8 1And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; 2Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 3And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 4And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 5Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. 6And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
18) Worry and anxiety Philippians 4:6 6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
19) Doubting, Double-mindedness James 1:5-8 5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
For more prayer studies and sanctification teachings, please Visit my sister & brother’s websites. Here are the links: